In MISD, we love our partners and volunteers!
There is no better day to celebrate and honor the very best our community offers than on Valentine’s Day, a holiday dedicated to showing those who are most important to us how much we care.
Often, you will hear our teachers and staff say, “We are Midlothian strong!” This statement exemplifies our district and campus culture symbolizing we are truly ‘better together.’ Our parents, grandparents, businesses, community members, nonprofits and social services are interwoven throughout MISD, highlighting how our community and neighborhood schools are connected and important to each person who calls Midlothian home.
Today, we recognized more than 100 people and organizations who give their most precious treasure – their time. Each person makes an incredible impact ranging from:
- Mentoring a child needing additional guidance and encouragement
- Tutoring children struggling in reading or math
- Offering financial support to our Midlothian ISD Education Foundation, which provides grants and scholarships to teachers
- Providing internships to high school students working toward their career and college goals
- Becoming a sponsor or advertiser allowing MISD to offer special and unique opportunities for our students, teachers, staff, parents and community members
With more than 70 business partners, 300 volunteers and $65,500 in donations, we are incredibly blessed beyond measure. As Walnut Grove Middle School eighth-grader Rufus Robinson said, “Volunteers help make a difference.”
On behalf of all our teachers, students and staff, thank you to every volunteer and organization for your time, talents and gifts helping us to continue inspiring excellence each and every day.
For more information about how you can become a partner or volunteer, contact the Communications Department.